Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Visceral Response

When I think of something completely stupefying I think of my absolute favorite animal in the world: The White Bengal Tiger. This picture absolutely takes my breath away. When I first looked at this picture I could really only think of one word: Wow, but then as I began to look more carefully I was able to see many of the different elements we talked about in class.
There is obviously many lines within this picture. The black stripes around the tiger's face draw you in in an almost hypnotizing manner. In my opinion the shape of the face, as well as, the somewhat horizontal lines of the whiskers give the tiger a delicate, feminine, yet still ferocious disposition. To me this photo has a sense of anticipation. What is the tiger going to do next? Is it going to lunge or simply stare deeply into my sole?
Because this is a White Tiger the two dominating colors are black and white, which provides us with a perfect example of pure contrast. This also helps to highlight the value and intensity of the beautiful turquoise color of the tiger's eyes and the varying shades of gray along it's snout. The texture of the tiger's fur, which is seen most prominently around the edges of this picture, is almost tangible. Tigers, especially this tiger, seem to have a stunning symmetrical balance. All these factors working together provide a brilliant sense of harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment